Welcome to the University of Maryland's Mobility Initiative
website. Begun in the Fall 2008 semester, the initiative's purpose
is to study whether incorporating mobile technology enhances the
student educational experience.
Our Mobility Initiative pilot goals are:
- Enhance the classroom learning experience
- Promote interaction between faculty and students
- Provide students with a tool to help them manage their
time and navigate the physical and administrative
environments on campus
- Enhance the personal safety of our students
- Promote the university's world class status through
innovation and technology
The Mobility Initiative is sponsored by the Office of the Sr.
Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost, the Office of
Undergraduate Admissions, and the Division of Information Technology.
For questions about the initiative, check our FAQs or e-mail email@example.com.